In 2014, China established the $40 billion Silk Road Fund to finance their One Belt, One Road initiative and they have made investments in several key projects since its inception to put total costs closer to $1 trillion. According to McKinsey & Company, more than 60 countries and 200 enterprises, with a combined GDP of $21 trillion, have expressed interest in participating in the One Belt, One Road action plan. The Belt and Road Initiative will provide businesses across the world the opportunity to compete and transform the global economy. China plans to transform global infrastructure with this 21st century ambitious initiative. Some of the largest Chinese IT, telecommunications and eCommerce companies have already begun developing blockchain infrastructures in African and Southeastern countries.
There is a lot of hope for the Belt and Road Initiative across Asia and also some skeptics about the true intent of the plan. The Hoover Institution at Stanford University proclaims “The One Belt, One Road initiative certainly has the potential to enhance Beijing’s political influence while hopefully (from China’s perspective) reducing concerns that Beijing will employ such greater influence in threatening ways.” The One Belt, One Road policy is drawing attention across the globe and we will look to discuss in detail the challenges and opportunities in Washington DC on March 14th.
The one day Belt and Road Initiative Investment Forum Washington DC on March 14, 2018 provides an overview of China’s global economic development and investment strategy, the topics range from background, opportunities and challenges for US companies, and outlook, etc. It provides useful insights and outlook of the Belt and Road Initiative and opportunities for US business and industrial sectors as the Initiative will approach markets of Latin America and North America.
- Mr. Zhao Zhenge, General Representative, China Council for the Promotional of International Trade
- Mr. Luis Fortuno, Former Governor of Puerto Rico
- Dr. Wanfa Zhang, Political Scientist
- Mr. Xiaoli Hu, Jiangsu Maritime Institute (China)
- Mr. Jonathan Lim, President, JLA Holding Co. (Singapore)
- Mr. Tim Shen, Dahua Technology, and more…
- Introduction and Background of the Belt and Road Initiative
- American Perspectives and Strategic Outlook
- Belt and Road Initiative with International Blockchain Infrastructures
- Opportunities and Challenges for US Industrial Sectors
- Opportunities for US Infrastructure Improvements
- Leveraging International Platform for Cooperation
- The Next Steps for US Companies to Access BRI Partners and OpportunitiesEvent Date: March 14, 2018 Washington DC
Register online at